Get brand name WELLBUTRIN XL® (bupropion HCI) extended release tablets at a co-pay price similar to or lower than the generic versions.
Eligible patients* pay as little as $0 for each 30-day supply of Wellbutrin XL® (up to a $75 savings for each 30-day supply) for up to 12 uses.
Please click here or scroll down for Important Safety Information, including a Warning regarding antidepressants and suicidality.
Answer the questions below and download your Savings Card.
- Do you purchase your prescription medication through Medicare, Medicaid, or other federal or state prescription drug program?
- Do you live in Massachusetts and/or have insurance coverage for prescriptions in
For Privacy Statement, please click here.
*Eligibility Requirements: Offer is not valid for prescriptions being fully or partially reimbursed under Medicaid, a Medicare drug benefit plan, or
other federal or state programs (such as medical assistance programs). The patient is responsible for reporting receipt of this offer to any health
insurer, health plan, or third-party payer as may be required. By using this card, you agree that you will not submit a claim for the prescription to
a government payer. If any part of your prescription is paid for by a nongovernmental third-party payer, you attest to having disclosed this offer to
your third-party payer. The use of this card is subject to applicable state and federal law. This card is not valid for Massachusetts residents. Void
where prohibited or restricted.
The Savings Card is redeemable only when accompanied by a valid prescription.
WELLBUTRIN XL® (bupropion hydrochloride extended-release tablets) is indicated for the treatment of major depressive disorder (MDD), and for
the prevention of seasonal major depressive episodes in patients with a diagnosis of seasonal affective disorder (SAD).
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
SUICIDALITY AND ANTIDEPRESSANT DRUGS:
Antidepressants increased the risk of suicidal thoughts and behavior in children, adolescents, and young adults in short-term trials.
These trials did not show an increase in the risk of suicidal thoughts and behavior with antidepressants use in subjects aged 65 and
In patients of all ages who are started on antidepressant therapy, monitor closely for worsening, and for emergence of suicidal
thoughts and behaviors. Advise families and caregivers of the need for close observation and communication with the prescriber.
NEUROPSYCHIATRIC REACTIONS IN PATIENTS TAKING BUPROPION FOR SMOKING CESSATION:
Serious neuropsychiatric reactions have occurred in patients taking bupropion for smoking cessation. The majority of these
reactions occurred during bupropion treatment, but some occurred in the context of discontinuing treatment. In many cases, a causal
relationship to bupropion treatment is not certain, because depressed mood may be a symptom of nicotine withdrawal. However, some
of the cases occurred in patients taking bupropion who continued to smoke. Although WELLBUTRIN XL is not approved for smoking
cessation, observe all patients for neuropsychiatric reactions. Instruct the patient to contact a healthcare provider if such reactions
Read the Medication Guide carefully before you start using WELLBUTRIN XL. If you have any questions about WELLBUTRIN XL, ask your
healthcare provider or pharmacist. Notify your healthcare provider if you become pregnant or intend to become pregnant while taking
Do not take WELLBUTRIN XL if you:
- Have or had a seizure disorder or epilepsy.
- Have or had an eating disorder such as anorexia nervosa or bulimia.
- Are taking any other medicines that contain bupropion, including ZYBAN® (used to help people stop smoking), APLENZIN®,
FORFIVO XL®, WELLBUTRI® or WELLBUTRIN SR.
- Drink a lot of alcohol and abruptly stop drinking, or use medicines called sedatives (these make you sleepy) or benzodiazepines, or antiseizure
medicines, and you stop using them all of a sudden.
- Take a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI). Ask your healthcare provider or pharmacist if you are not sure if you take an MAOI, including
the antibiotic linezolid.
- do not take an MAOI within 2 weeks of stopping WELLBUTRIN XL unless directed to do so by your healthcare provider.
- do not start WELLBUTRIN XL if you stopped taking an MAOI in the last 2 weeks unless directed to do so by your healthcare provider.
- Are allergic to the active ingredient in WELLBUTRIN XL, bupropion hydrochloride, or to any of the inactive ingredients.
Call your healthcare provider right away if you or your family member has any of the following symptoms especially if they are new,
worse, or worry you:
- thoughts about suicide or dying
- attempts to commit suicide
- new or worse depression
- new or worse anxiety
- feeling very agitated or restless
- panic attacks
- trouble sleeping (insomnia)
- new or worse irritability
- acting aggressive, being angry, or violent
- acting on dangerous impulses
- an extreme increase in activity and talking (mania)
- other unusual changes in behavior or mood
What Other Important Information Should I Know About WELLBUTRIN XL?
- Seizures: There is a chance of having a seizure (convulsion, fit) with WELLBUTRIN XL, especially in people with certain medical problems
or who take certain medicines. Do not take any other medicines while you are taking WELLBUTRIN XL unless your healthcare provider has
said it is okay to take them. If you have a seizure while taking WELLBUTRIN XL, stop taking the tablets and call your healthcare provider
- High blood pressure (hypertension): Some people get high blood pressure, that can be severe, while taking WELLBUTRIN XL.
- Manic episodes: Some people may have periods of mania while taking WELLBUTRIN XL. If you have any of the following symptoms of
mania, call your healthcare provider:
- greatly increased energy
- severe trouble sleeping
- racing thoughts
- reckless behavior
- unusually grand ideas
- excessive happiness or irritability
- talking more or faster than usual
- Unusual thoughts or behaviors: Some patients may have unusual thoughts or behaviors while taking WELLBUTRIN XL, including
delusions (believe you are someone else), hallucinations (seeing or hearing things that are not there), paranoia (feeling that people are
against you), or feeling confused. If this happens to you, call your healthcare provider.
- Visual problems: Some people are at risk for the following problems. You may want to undergo an eye examination to see if you are at risk:
- eye pain
- changes in vision
- swelling or redness in or around the eye
- Severe allergic reactions: Some patients have severe allergic reactions to WELLBUTRIN XL. Stop taking WELLBUTRIN XL and call
your healthcare provider right away if you get a rash, itching, hives, fever, swollen lymph glands, painful sores in the mouth or around
the eyes, swelling of the lips or tongue, chest pain, or have trouble breathing. These could be signs of a serious allergic reaction.
WELLBUTRIN XL may cause serious side effects. The most common side effects of WELLBUTRIN XL include: Dry mouth, Nervousness,
Constipation, Headache, Shakiness, Nausea and vomiting, Trouble sleeping, Dizziness, Shakiness (tremor), Fast heartbeat, and Heavy sweating.
Click here for full Prescribing Information, including Medication Guide.
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088. You
may also contact Valeant Customer Service at 1-800-556-1937.
Terms and Conditions
This card is redeemable only when accompanied by a valid prescription. Pay as little as $0 for each 30-day supply of Wellbutrin XL® (up to a $75
savings on each 30-day supply) for up to 12 uses.
- Pharmacist instructions for a patient with an Eligible Third-Party Payer
||Submit the claim to the primary Third-Party Payer first, then submit the balance due to Therapy First Plus as a Secondary Payer COB
[coordination of benefits] with patient responsibility amount and a valid Other Coverage Code, (eg, 8). The patient pay amount submitted will
be reduced by up to $75 and reimbursement will be received from Therapy First Plus.
- Pharmacist instructions for a cash-paying patient
||Submit this claim to Therapy First Plus. A valid Other Coverage Code (eg, 1) is required. The patient pay amount submitted will be reduced
by up to $75 and reimbursement will be received from Therapy First Plus.
||Valid Other Coverage Code required. For any questions regarding Therapy First Plus online processing, please call the Help Desk at
Offer is not valid for prescriptions being fully or partially reimbursed under Medicaid, a Medicare drug benefit plan, or other federal or state
programs (such as medical assistance programs). The patient is responsible for reporting receipt of this offer to any health insurer, health plan, or
third-party payer as may be required. By using this card, you agree that you will not submit a claim for the prescription to a government payer. If any
part of your prescription is paid for by a nongovernmental third-party payer, you attest to having disclosed this offer to your third-party payer. The
use of this card is subject to applicable state and federal law. This card is not valid for Massachusetts residents. Void where prohibited or restricted.
Program expires 12/31/15. Programs managed by PSKW, LLC on behalf of Valeant Pharmaceuticals North America LLC. The parties
reserve the right to amend or end these programs at any time. Product dispensed pursuant to program rules and federal and state laws.
Please click the button to indicate you are eligible to participate and agree to
the terms and conditions.
WELLBUTRIN XL is a registered trademark of GlaxoSmithKline.
©2015 Valeant Pharmaceuticals North America LLC 04/15 NU/WXL/14/0017b(1)